Monday, August 10, 2015

Week #61 in Texas - Brownwood, Texas

Hello!

Oh man, this week has been HOT HOT HOT! But i heard that there is going to be a "cool front" coming in that will put it down to 85 or 90! That would be much appreciated!

This week has had a few ups and downs, but mostly ups! We got two new investigators this week who are a family! i love families!! And they have a little 1 year old baby. They are adorable, and so prepared!

Sister C and i spoke in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday! i actually really enjoy it, believe it or not! And it went really well! I talked about something that I have been thinking a lot about, and that is the difference between progression and contentment. I shared the story in Ether 2 when the Brother of Jared and his family were on the beach for 4 years, in between the time when God was trying to direct them to the promised land. But they were comfortable at a check point instead of the destination. Sometimes that happens in our lives as well, when we are  doing good, we feel we don't need to stretch ourselves or "rock the boat". But when we do so, we are hindering the progress and progression that our Heavenly Father is trying to give us! So i invited everyone, and I'm inviting everyone who is reading this, to get off the beach! The Lord is trying to mold you and you need to let him lead you to the promised land, which is returning to him. Don't stay put because it is easier, it will be so much more worth it if you build your barges and sail to the promised land! So that's my rant/lesson/invitation to you this week :) i love the Book of Mormon and all that it teaches me!

One of the greatest blessings i have received on my mission is the love for the scriptures. i love them so much and I am so grateful for the lessons that they teach me everyday! I cant believe i made it through my life previously without feasting on the words of Christ daily. I know that that is a love and a gift that will bless me through out my whole life, and I am so grateful for it! I felt so grateful for that this week as we were talking to a lady on the street. She was telling us her favorite Bible stories including Jonah and the whale. Her favorite part was when the men tried to kick him off the boat because they knew God was mad specifically at him. I was able to then think of the story of Nephi, in 1 Nephi 18, when his brothers tied him up on the boat and the Lord became very angry. She was so excited and asked for a copy, and she told us to call her and follow up on how she liked it! I was so grateful that I have the stories in my mind and heart to help people become interested in the Gospel!

I'm grateful to be engaged in this work and watch it change others and myself at the same time!

Love,

Hermana Bleyl

No comments:

Post a Comment