Tuesday, March 4, 2014

35 Days!

So clearly I know I haven't posted in a way long time. I guess I just got a little excited! Haha. Well most of you already know, but my mission call is to Lubbock, Texas. Spanish speaking! I am so excited! I also get to go to the Mexico MTC to learn me some Spanish! Boo Ya! This is truly the perfect mission for me! I am so excited to meet the people out there and teach them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I feel like I have had my call FOR-EVER. But at the same time, I feel like I have barely had any time to prepare. I suppose that is how my mission is going to go too. It's sad to think that my mission is only for 18 months! It's going to fly by, and be so long at the same time. It's going to be very trippy.
I was able to go through the temple about a week and a half ago. WOW! What an experience. I was able to feel so strongly the love of my Heavenly Father, and that I am at the right place in my life right now. It was such an amazing experience that I was able to share with my parents, grandparents, and a few close friends. The peace that you feel in the temple was unlike anything you could even imagine. It was so holy, and even though I didn't fully know what was going on, the feeling is what bore testimony to me that it was all very true and sacred.
Its only 35 days now until I report to the Mexico MTC! I am preparing both physically and sprirtually for this amazing journey in which i'm about to embark. It still doesn't feel real! It probably won't until i'm in the MTC! Not even the sting of my credit card buying expensive tracting shoes has made it real yet! If that doesn't I don't know what will! Haha :) Soooo I guess I thought I knew Spanish until I realized I actually have to speak it... haha I have some work to do. But the Lord will always help me! Also a really neat Spanish Dictionary from Deseret Book ;)
I am trying to get myself into the missionary mindset so it won't be such a shock when I actually become one. It was making me think that everyone should just always be in the missionary mindset, and I am trying hard to help my attitude rub off on others, and they will help me to stay in check :)
I've been listening to the Mormon Channel app lately. I always go to the "Enduring it well" videos. If you have a minute, check one of them out! They are not that long, and very inspirational. One of them was about a man trying to save his daughter he just adopted in Haiti. Make sure you listen to that story! It will change your life! It really brought the words of Nephi to life when he says "I will go and do the things that the Lord commanded.." This man goes to Haiti completely on the faith of God and the guidence of the Spirit. Fear is the opposite of faith! It's crazy how many things I can think of that we fear all the time, but if we just had more faith in the Lord, we could save ourselves from that fear. No matter what the fear, kneel down and ask for faith and peace. The Lord will always be there for you. Everything happens for a reason! The Lord is the master planner and nothing could possibly compare to the plan that the Lord has planned for your beautiful spirits. He cannot wait to give you all the blessings in store for you, so give Him a reason to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment