Saturday, November 9, 2013

Anticipation is my worst enemy!

      The bishop texted me yesterday and told me that my mission call has been assigned! HOORAY! So we should be expecting my call on Wednesday or Thursday of next week! The only thing is if it comes on Wednesday, that would be fantastic! But If it comes on Thursday... I will miss it! I leave for California on Thursday morning! Until Monday! So then I have to wait that much longer! Yikes... pray it will come on Wednesday! 
    I can't believe that this amazing journey is almost at an end...the journey of preparing that is! This is now the only beginning :) I get to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with so many special people. Where they are? Only God knows, and the Quorum of the Twelve. But we will know soon enough! And I can't possibly wait to help the people that I've been destined to meet since I was born. I just didn't know it yet. And neither do they. Oh but they will. It's crazy to me that I will meet and have so many more important people in my life soon. I can't wait to meet them!
     When people say that Satan tries to attack you from any angle when you get your call, could never ring more true in my ears, and I haven't even gotten my call yet! But guess what? I get to make Satan furious everyday by bringing people unto Christ. 
     Something that I have particularly been learning the past few weeks has to do with when you are frustrated and having a hard time. If it is a person you are frustrated with, try writing down every positive thing you can about them. In some situations, you may feel like there isn't anything. If that is the case, try writing down why you think they are acting the way they are. You never know what could be going on in someones life. They could be having a really hard day, or week, or even month. We have no idea. Always make it a goal to leave every person you come in contact with better then if they hadn't seen you that day. Go out of your way to make people smile. If you love God, and the Gospel, you will always remember that every person is a child of God, and that He loves them so much, and you will love them too. 
    Always remember you are never alone. You are loved. Write it on your heart to make every day the best day of the year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment