Monday, July 27, 2015

Week #59 in Texas - Brownwood, Texas

Oh man!! This week has been one of the best weeks of my mission. We really did hit the ground running here in Brownwood! It is so great here! The Lord is blessing us so much for being obedient and working hard! The members are finally starting to trust us, and giving us referrals of their friends! We got 5 new investigators this week who are super solid! We have taught each of them about twice and have member fellowship for them! I can’t believe the success that we have had in such a short amount of time. We are so blessed!

Sister Camadeco and I get along SO well! We are really getting to know each other better and love each other a lot! Sometimes when we are going to bed at night she will use her psychology degree on me and analyze who I am, and its super awesome! She is so great and such an amazing teacher. I truly don't feel like I am teaching with someone who has only been out a matter of weeks.

We went on exchanges this week with Sister Langston and Sister Bearnson. That was a party! Like, it was unreal how much fun we had, and how many miracles we saw. God really pulled through for Sister Langston and I, where we got to serve together in the MTC, and around each other at the end of our missions! And we get to do exchanges, which at night is basically a slumber party when the work is done! It was so much fun, and so good to catch up on everything. Super funny experience - Sister Bearnson and I were out tracting and she felt prompted to knock on this apartment door, so we did and this guy answers and is SO excited to see us! We got pumped, and then I looked behind him in his house, and I’m staring at pictures of the First Presidency and Lehi’s dream. I started laughing and said "WHO ARE YOU?' Haha! He’s a member of the Ward who we hadn't met yet. So basically we said "well God sent us to your door for some reason, so what can we help you with?" He told us he needed family history work done, and then gave us two referrals! So awesome! God really places us where we need to be!

Church this week was great, and we got to know more of the members! We had the opportunity to stand up in Sacrament Meeting to share our testimonies and to introduce ourselves to the Ward. Their trust is so important, and we really can’t do this work alone! I’m so grateful that they trust us more now, and that they invite us over to their homes for dinner to get to know their families!

I’m so thankful for this opportunity to be training and to be here in this amazing town of Brownwood, and all the other counties that we cover. It’s truly a blessing and I am exactly where I need to be right now. Please pray for our investigators!

Thank you for all your support!

Love,

Hermana Bleyl

No comments:

Post a Comment