Monday, April 27, 2015

Week #46 in Texas/New Mexico - Carlsbad, New Mexico


Wow! This week feels like it has been so long and so short at the same time! I arrived safe and sound with my new companion sister Hjorth in Carlsbad, New Mexico! It is so cute here! It looks like California and St. George combined. Totes adorable. I’ve only met a few people in the Ward so far, but they are wonderful and very inviting. There are a lot of great people here.

So my apartment is HUGE! It is two stories and has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The living room alone is the size of my entire last apartment. But…PLOT TWIST. It isn't just me and Sister Hjorth living there. We have COCKROACHES! Oh yeah. We have killed so many just since I have been here. I reached up to get a bowl in the cupboard, stuck my hand in it and pulled it down, and there was a massive one in it. Clearly I flipped. They are all over the place. There was one in the kitchen sink when I went to do the dishes this morning. Good ole humble mission living! My standards have clearly been shot. Haha, so that has been interesting!

My new comp Sister Hjorth is really sweet and we get along really well! She is from Boise, Idaho, has 4 brothers and has been out on her mission 6 months. She is a great teacher and knows Carlsbad really well, which is really nice.  She is helping me get to know a lot of people already! They do A LOT of service here, which is great. We went to the local thrift shop and helped sort clothes. It was a lot of fun, and great to get to know the community.

This area is massive! We technically don't even live in our area, we cover the west side, so bike day is long! Haha. But guess what is really amazing that they have here??  An entire Family History Center run by the church. It’s in its own building and everything. We go do service and help research peoples ancestors! The lady there even helped me with some of my own family tree and I did a whole new line on my mom’s mother’s side! It’s really amazing! I have really grown a huge love for family history on my mission. What a huge blessing. We are going to try to get some names for me to take to the temple!

Well I hope ya’ll have a great week!

Love,

Hermana Bleyl

No comments:

Post a Comment