Monday, March 23, 2015

Week #41 in Texas - Monahans, TX

This week has been great! The weather has been awesome! It gets crazy and stormy and rainy which is always fun! Then it gets really, really sunny and warm and feels like spring/summer. I love it so much! So this week has just been amazing!

We have still been teaching Everett, and it has been going great! He is trooping along so well! We are really excited because, originally he didn’t want us to meet with his 15-year-old son because he didn’t know about it all. And on Friday he called us and asked if we wanted to go to lunch with him and his son! We were so excited! That is definitely showing a lot of trust on his part, and we are really excited to see that progression and getting to know his son more.

We have been working a lot on strengthening ourselves to be the best that we can be, so that we can go out and help others. I’ve been pondering back a lot on my mission so far, and how far I have come, and it amazes me. But every time I learn more and think about how much I know, I realize that I have SO much more to learn. But it isn’t in an overwhelming way at all. It is in a way where I know the Lord is very aware of me, who I am, and what he wants me to become. And he is giving me all the circumstances and experiences to help me receive that necessary growth, and it really makes you receive even difficulties with open arms, because the Lord’s hand is in EVERY little detail.

I know I say it like every week, but each week I mean it more and more - I am so grateful for my mission! It is amazing to see how inspired each object of missionary work is, and how it plays into your life even after you’re a missionary. I can’t imagine my life had I not served a mission, and missed out on all that I have learned so far. It truly astounds me. The most recent thing I have been learning is that I can turn to the scriptures and prayer when I am going through a hard time. This is the first time in my life when I have chosen to rely on it as my source of power and strength, and I realize now that it is the only power and strength that I need. When I study and pray, I feel different in every aspect - physically, spiritually, emotionally, you name it. I never understood that until my mission, and I am so grateful for this habit I am learning. I know where my true source of strength comes from!

I can’t wait to be the daughter, sister, mother, and wife that the Lord wants me to be! I can see him molding me in different aspects of my weaknesses and helping me to make them my strengths, and use them for my good and the good of others.

Love,

Hermana Bleyl

No comments:

Post a Comment