Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Week #17 in Texas - Hereford, TX

Hello all!

This week was so great! it started off with a bang when we had zone conference on Tuesday, and our mission president surprised us by letting us watch the new movie "Meet the Mormons" early! Since we cant go see it in the theaters obviously, he got connections and we watched it! it was so wonderful! Everyone was bawling, obviously. Mom, you are going to bawl too :) just expect it. But it was such a wonderful movie! I recommend that every one goes and sees that, and bring all your non-member friends too!

So we met this all Spanish speaking family in the park a few weeks ago and kept setting appointments with them, but they kept getting busy and canceling. But finally we were able to meet with them and have a lesson and it went so wonderful! They really felt the Spirit and after the lesson, we get up and she said "come to the kitchen! I made you cake!" So we went in and she made us 3 different types of cake! She is so sweet! And they have 3 kids, 2 being twin 10 year old girls! We are so excited and hope all continues to go well with them!

We were walking around and talking to everyone at the park yesterday, and we talked to this couple and talked about a living prophet on earth today.  They said they weren't interested, so we gave them a card and our number then kept going. Then, about 15 minutes later, we were still walking the park and we heard "Wait! Can you hold up a minute?" So we stopped and turned around and it was the lady and her husband walking towards us as quick as they could. We went over to them and she asked us "What did you say about a prophet on earth today? my husband and I got talking about it, and we've never heard that before. Could you tell us a little more about that?" So we were able to give a mini lesson about the restoration and give them a pamphlet. Then we told her about General Conference and she got SO excited and said she would go to the broadcast at the church. It was so cool to see her initial reaction of "no", turn into a spark of curiosity, and a "stirring in her heart." it was amazing to see.

Conference was so wonderful this weekend! I couldn't believe how quickly it went by! Before I knew it it was over! I loved all of the talks, especially Elder Bednars about wanting to give the same treatment to people that has helped us. I love how he said that "Devoted disciples of Christ are always valiant missionaries." Its so true! The more I am out here, the more I realize how it is all our duty as members of the church to share this Gospel with those who don't know it yet. We have the ultimate "ointment and bandages" and we need to share it with those we love who have been injured and scraped by the world!

Things are going so well! I can't believe that I've been out 6 months today! One year left! I cant even believe it! it feels like time is flying and that I've been out a week, and at the same time it feels like I've never not been a missionary. Haha, I am so grateful for this wonderful time in my life!

Thank you for all the counsel and prayers! I love you all!

Love,

Hermana Bleyl

No comments:

Post a Comment