Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Week #16 in Texas - Hereford, TX

Hello!

This week has been really wonderful, we have been super busy and doing good! We got caught in a huge rain storm the other day, and the whole town flooded, so that was pretty cool. Haha, until we thought that the engine was going to flood, then it wasn't so cool. But the work here is going so well! We are really excited for Shawn to be baptized on the 12th, and he is all on track for it and super excited.

So, just a funny missionary story for you - 2 nights ago Sister Gonzalez got up at 2:00 in the morning and apparently just thought it was time to get up, so she gets up and turns on the light. That's what she does every morning after the alarm goes off, so I just thought I missed the alarm. So I just roll over and start praying without asking any questions, and Sister Gonzalez was praying too! Haha, then she looks at the clock and saw what time it was and turned off the light and went back to bed. But I was still praying and I was so confused! Haha! So when I was done I looked up and the clock and was so puzzled, then just went back to sleep. Then, the next morning I had forgotten, then remembered and brought it up to Sister Gonzalez, and then she remembered, and we both just started laughing so hard. Missionary probs, haha talk about routine!

I love Hereford so much! I absolutely love the members here. We were able to watch the Womens Conference at a members home, and it was so beautiful! We bawled of course :) And we were with all the pregnant ladies from the Relief Society so they were bawling too! Haha, lots of emotions going on!

Our recent converts, Aquilla and Delilah are doing so good! They both come to church every week and we are so proud of them! they have solid friends in the church now, and they are building up their testimonies! We have been working with this one less active for a while, and she is now coming to church every week with all her children, and yesterday she shared a a spiritual experience about when she prayed for something and received her answer from God. I teared up because in that moment it was all so worth it. We got to her. We resolidified her testimony that she already had. I was so grateful to hear that, and it truly made all the hard work worth it. it was so beautiful!

This work is so true and inspired, and the gospel of Jesus Christ is for every one of God's children, no matter their life story or past. I can really see that now and its beautiful to see the wonderful doctrine I've cherished since Primary help these people here who are so different from me. I can feel God's love for each one of his children more and more, and that makes my work so rewarding!

Thank you for all the support! I love you!

Hermana Bleyl

No comments:

Post a Comment