Monday, June 16, 2014

Week #4 in Texas - Hereford, TX

I can’t believe it! This week is our last week before transfers! Normally it is 6 weeks, but it’s 5 weeks this time. I can’t believe it! I’m pretty sure I am going to stay in Hereford, but you never know! I l will go wherever the Lord wants me to go though!

So I got a little tender mercy this week. We went to go visit a recent convert and her daughter, and her daughter is 4 years old and is literally a Mexican Lily. Haha! She is the cutest thing, has no front teeth, and acts just like Lily Mae. It was nice to get my make shift Lily fix for a minute. Haha! The Lord knew that I needed that.

So I have sad news and it really kinda devastated me. Hermana Langston went home on Tuesday. She got sent home for health reasons, and was in the ICU for 3 days before she went home. She needed a blood transfusion and all kinds of stuff. So scary! Please pray for her right now, she needs a lot of extra prayers! I love you Langston, and cant wait to see you back out here when the Lord deems it right :)

We had 4 investigators come to church yesterday!! We were so excited! It went so well, and it is so amazing seeing the light come into their eyes and see them feel the Spirit for the first time. I can’t believe that I get to be a part of it and see it take place. I am so blessed!

It is crazy how prepared people are for our message. We got a media referral, which means someone went online and requested a Book of Mormon. We were so stoked!  So we called and texted him and he was very receptive and said that he wanted to meet and learn more about our message. We go to his house and talk to him and he calls us Sisters all the time. Haha! He sounds like a member! But anyways, we go to his house and mention that he requested a Book of Mormon. He said he didn't remember doing that, and that he didn't even know about the LDS church. Hermana Ogles and I were like dumbfounded because he was still so interested and was excited about going to church, and he wasn't even the guy we were looking for. It was the wrong address or something. Crazy! But we are now teaching him and we are pretty sure he will be baptized.

We were able to have Zone Conference this week and it was amazing! We drove to Amarillo and had the opportunity to talk to the Mission President and his wife and have him teach us. It was so great to see how many missionaries there are, and just get another confirmation that this is the work that is moving forward so swiftly. It was great to get that spiritual upliftment. It’s insane to me that conferences and church are treats for us, and a break! Haha! Kinda the opposite of how I felt at home! I’ve come full circle! Haha, and I am so grateful for it!

A lot of changes are going to be happening! Transfers, and a brand new Mission President! It’s gonna be a transition, but everyone is so excited for the new President and know they will do a great job, even though we will miss President and Sister Augustin dearly!

We have had a lot of new investigators lately and I love the look of them! My mission is changing my whole perspective on things. We were leaving a home and Hermana Ogles waltzes up to some guys who are all tatted up and I was terrified. The guy even had tattoos on his eyelids. Then we get talking to him and he is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He just got out of prison and is just trying to do what is right for his family, which consisted of his wife and cute little boy. I taught him the plan of salvation and a light flickered in his eye! He was so interested in this knowledge, and that he can be with his family forever. It was absolutely beautiful. They gave us their information and we are going back to teach him and his family. It was a great lesson to me that we should never judge a book by its cover and that every single person is a child of God and deserves this message. It is for everyone, and something that I love and is so helpful is that the Atonement and the Gospel of Jesus Christ is for every single person in the world, and it doesn't matter what you have done in your life, you can be forgiven and become clean through Jesus Christ. It’s so beautiful and I KNOW ABOUT IT!  And some people are going through life without it! Some people have lost loved ones, and think they will never see them again. But we know. We know that they can see them again. You might want to think twice before you pass up a prompting in the grocery store to talk to someone about what you know. You absolutely never know who will accept this Gospel until you try. So talk and ask everyone! You don't have to be a full-time missionary to share this beautiful thing that is a part of your life! Be a member missionary and start talking to people NOW! The Lord is hastening his work and he needs your help.

Sorry for the rant :)Haha, just kidding I’m not sorry at all. Do it! :)

I am so grateful to be a part of this work that the Lord is watching so closely. The time is now, and we need to bring so many souls unto Christ before all that needs to happen can take place.

I love you all and I am so grateful for your support. I love this Gospel and I am eternally grateful to be blessed with this knowledge. The Lord knows each of us, and what is in store for us. He also knows each of your friends or acquaintances who are prepared to hear this message and be baptized. Follow the Gift of the Holy Ghost and talk to them all! You never know what can happen. :)


Lucas 1:37 (that's Luke for all you gringos)

Porque ninguna cosa es imposible para Dios. :)

Nothing is impossible with God!


Love you all :)

Hermana Bleyl

No comments:

Post a Comment