Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Week #36 in Texas - Monahans, TX


First off, I am beyond spoiled! Thank you, thank you to my grandparents and my family for sending my companion and I the best Valentines Day packages EVER!! We feel so pampered! It really made our week! We are so blessed. Thank you, thank you!!

Where to begin?? This week has been packed so full this good stuff! We had District Conference this week, which was so amazing! And we went as a whole District to the Sandhills on p-day. SO MUCH FUN!! I’ll send pictures. And we had exchanges this week! On Saturday we get to go to the temple! So many good things are happening!!!

OK WOW! We have seen so many miracles!  I know, I know, I say it every week, but this week I’m SERIOUS. I am honestly not the same girl that I was last week. We had some really amazing experiences as we labored in the Lord’s vineyard this week. I know with every fiber of my being that I am a daughter of God, and that He knows me personally and loves me. I knew it before, but now I really FEEL it. I feel it in everything that I do.

Every day this past week has been so refining for my companion and I. We have received witness after witness that both her and I are supposed to be companions right at this very time, and that we are supposed to be here in Monahans. This week single handedly has been the biggest experience of growth up to this point in my mission. Every day there was a battle to overcome, and every day we saw the blessings as we pushed through them. I have been able to truly recognize the Spirit in every situation and how to follow it. I truly know that all this work is about is charity, the Spirit and Jesus Christ. That’s it.

One experience I will share a little bit about - I have been struggling a lot lately with trying to be perfect all the time, and then feeling frustrated when I come up short. My perfectionism, and always trying to be strong, really comes out as I try to labor with all my might, but then get upset when I make a mistake. So that was really weighing on me quite a bit, and I was praying and trying really hard to overcome that. Then we were morning finding on the street and came across this guy and started talking to him.  We talked to him for about a half hour, and he told us he was a Jew and all about his religion and background, and that kinda stuff. Then we were about to leave after talking to him, and he stops us and says "I feel like God has something that he wants me to tell you." And Sister Krause and I were like “uuuh okay here we go”.   He turned and he looked at me, and his countenance had changed. And he said to me "oooh man, you are one tough girl. You are a tough cookie to crack. Why are you fighting against the Lord in him trying to smooth your imperfections? You have to recognize them first, before he can buff them out. You are as a rock right now, and you need to become as clay so the Lord can continue molding you. You are trying to be perfect, but you are going to fail. You need to say oops and move on and get back to work. Don't be discouraged, the Lord is in all of it." We both felt the Spirit so strong, and then he turned and said very detailed specific things to Sister Krause about her life that she had been struggling with as well.  Sister Krause and I had been talking to each other about those 2 specific problems that each of us had just that morning. It was really amazing. The Lord works through people to help us in our problems in life. For the sake of sacredness, and the fact that I cant even put the rest in words, I will leave it at that. The Lord knows his children’s hearts.

I am a changed person. I could not ever express enough how much my mission means to me. I don't know where I would be without it. It has changed the way that I see everything, and how I will be for the rest of my life. I know now that the hardest and most important thing we can do in this life is to give our will to God. But when we do, that is when our life will go exactly in accordance with the way the Lord wants it to go, and that will always be towards our greatest happiness.

Love,

Hermana Bleyl

No comments:

Post a Comment