Sunday, February 1, 2015

Week #33 in Texas - Monahans, TX

I don’t know what it has been with this transfer especially, but every time I sit down to write my email, I don’t know where to begin. I feel like when I say "We see miracles every day!" and "Its so spiritual out here!", it doesn’t even BEGIN to describe how it really is. The more I experience with God’s love and the spirit, the more I realize that the English language doesn’t even have words to describe what I experience and how I feel.

The Lord has really been blessing me a lot lately as I try really hard to have an effective study every single morning. And as I consciously focus on it, he pours out his personal revelation to me and then, without fail, whatever I studied that morning is taught to an investigator or member that day, and it was exactly what they needed to hear. The Lord is so marvelous! (Marvelous, gosh. that word is so mediocre and I cant think of anything better either, gah!)

I had an experience the other morning with my study that absolutely astounded me. So I’m going to share it with y’all :) so because of my frustration with not having words explain how I feel, I have become the biggest word nerd, and look up every word I can in the dictionary, and apply it to the Gospel. So I’ve been doing a lot of word studies on every word I can think of. Mom and Dad, American Heritage paid off cause word studies have changed my life on the mission so thank you for that! So, about two weeks before this experience, I did a word study on the word EDIFYING and learned a whole lot from it. Then, a few days later I became really interested in SPIRITUAL GIFTS, and how we can receive them, so I did a whole study on that. And then a few days later, I kept coming across the word ZEALOUS in everything! So I decided to learn more about that and did a word study on it!  Then on Wednesday, when this experience happened, I felt prompted to do a word study on SEEKING. And, as I was studying seeking, I came across a scripture that has forever changed the way I look at studies and personal revelation, because it showed me that the Lord is always preparing us! I came across 1 Corinthians 14:12 which says "Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are ZEALOUS of SPIRITUAL GIFTS, SEEK that ye may excel to the EDIFYING of the church." This small scripture had 4 individual things that I had studied weeks before, and I had never even come across this scripture before! It was SO amazing to me, and the Lord was preparing me to understand perfectly all the components in this scripture, and how to best understand it. And essentially what I have received from this scripture is, if I desire or want anything, it can be given to me when I serve the Lord and build up His church! And when I receive what I desire, I am to turn around and use that gift or talent, or whatever it may be, and use that as well to build up God’s kingdom on the earth. Personal revelation is just wonderful!

Then we had an absolutely AMAZING lesson with our new investigator named Yolanda. We have only taught her twice and she is SO prepared! We had the lesson yesterday and we brought a member who just barely moved here, and was just baptized in June with her husband, and she is STELLAR. She used to be Catholic, and Yolanda is Catholic, and she was able to bear the most powerful testimony on how she asked the same questions and found the truth. The lesson was completely by the Spirit and we were able to set a baptismal date for February 14th! Best Valentines Day ever! We are so excited for her! At the end of our lesson, Yolanda said "My grandma always used to tell me not to switch around religions. But I don’t feel like i am changing religions, I just feel like I am receiving the missing link that I have been looking for." It was SO powerful. Then the member bore testimony on the Book of Mormon, and how she came to know it was true, and how it supports her beloved Bible that she read all her life as a Catholic. We are convinced that this woman moved to Monahans for Yolanda! What an experience to watch the Spirit work in that little home in Monahans, Texas on a Sunday afternoon, and watch a woman’s heart change. She has a lot of health problems, and at the end of the lesson, Sister Davidson asked how she felt and, assuming she meant physically, she said nothing was hurting on her body, and that that NEVER happens. Then Sister Davidson asked again, and asked specifically what she felt in her heart and she said "It feels hungry, like I just want to keep learning more." And we were able to help her recognize that as the Holy Ghost.

The gratitude I feel in my heart is overwhelming. I’m just grateful for the tiniest things now, and it just fills me constantly. I love this work so much and can’t believe I am a part of it. I learn so much each day that I can barely keep up! The Lord truly pours out his blessings. I feel like I just talk and talk and talk all day about the Lord and his blessings and STILL feel like there are not enough hours in the day to express my love and appreciation for the blessings I receive.

Thank you all for the examples you have been in my life with this Gospel and for helping me get to this point in my life.

Love, Hermana Bleyl

No comments:

Post a Comment