Monday, August 25, 2014

Week #13 in Texas - Hereford, TX

Ah! This week was so good!

We are starting to teach a lot more Spanish investigators and we are really excited about that!

I wanted to share an experience that happened last Monday right after we emailed.  So we went to Wal-Mart and went shopping for all our groceries. But at the check out, my home credit card wasn't working. We had a cart full of groceries and had to go to customer service and call my bank. The lady told me, that for some reason a hold was put on my card and that she would take it off, then we hung up and tried again, and it still didn't work. So I told the lady I’d stand to the side and wait a few minutes and try again. Then the lady next in line started being helped and she asked us what we were doing in Texas, because she heard I wasn't from here and that's why my card didn't work. I told her we were missionaries and what our purpose was and she said “cool”, and that was about all we said to each other. Then we went over to the corner and the Wal-Mart lady motions me over and gives me my big long receipt and tells me that the lady just paid for my whole basket! I couldn't believe it! Then she came up to us, and gave us both a hug and said “God bless you both”, and walked away! I almost started bawling. I chased her down with a pass along card, of course, and gave her our number and told her to call us if she needed anything. That was such a testimony builder to me about how selfless and kind people can be who aren't even of our faith. God knew I needed that! It was truly beautiful to see Gods children serving each other. I know she will be so blessed for that action!

Delilah and Aquilla are doing so good! We are planning their baptisms for this Saturday! Please pray for them :) Yesterday Delilah didn't come to church so we went over there and talked to her. She starts off my saying "yeah, I went to church today, but I didn't go to your church, I went to my old one." and our hearts broke. Then she finished by saying "Yeah I went and told them that I wouldn't be going there anymore and that I was going to go to the Mormon Church now." And then we were so excited! One of her little holdbacks was leaving her old church behind because they didn't do anything wrong to her and she didn't want to hurt their feelings. But she told us she talked to the preacher yesterday, and he told her he loved her enough to let her go, and basically gave her his blessing! We were really excited. We know that the Lord softened his heart to be able say that. She says she is really excited to be baptized, and she invited all her family. They were really shocked, but she said she doesn't care what anyone says anymore. She is so ready. We are really excited for her and her 2 little kids!

I wanted to share something that I learned in personal study today. It’s a talk in the August 2012 Ensign, and it’s a called "The Saviors Call to Serve" by President Monson. I really loved one quote in it that says "May we ever remember that the mantle of membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is not a cloak of comfort, but rather a robe of responsibility. Our duty, in addition to saving ourselves, is to guide others to the celestial kingdom of God."  I love that! We have such a responsibility as members of the church to share this gospel and help lead others to the fold of God, and essentially to exaltation! When we are always walking the path of serving God, we will never look back and regret serving others and God. We will look back and be able to see all those we were able to help come to know God better. This talk wasn't given directly to missionaries, but to you, the members of the church! So always be using your example of service to fulfill your responsibility to respond to the Saviors call to serve. I know that as you bless others, that the Lord will bless you and your families as well.

I am so grateful for this gospel and the happiness it brings. Let’s get out there and share that happiness with others that need it as well. Because we ALL need it. We are ALL God’s children, we just happen to know about the gospel first, and what a HUGE responsibility we have to give that to others.

Thank you for all the support and love. Show your appreciation and love for the Savior by sharing His gospel and helping his sheep return to the fold.

I love you!

Love,

Hermana Bleyl

No comments:

Post a Comment