Thursday, May 1, 2014


Oh wow! I can’t believe that I just hit my half way mark on Tuesday! It’s crazy! I feel like I have been here for so long, and no time at all at the same time! I was able to go to the Mexico Temple today! The temple is closed, but we were able to go to the visitor’s center and take a tour! It was so beautiful, and we finally got to go outside the huge gate that holds us in here! When it opened we all started singing frozen "open up the gates!" It was so good. It was so beautiful there. Definitely one that I would go back to visit again. But things here are really good! I never hit my hard time here, things just keep going up and up! It’s really nice that I didn’t go through that. 

So Sundays here are really amazing because you’d think you would be so spiritually uplifted all the time, but really when you are working on the language so much, its sometimes hard to feel the spirit, so on Sundays all our meetings are in emglish except sacrament meeting. It’s really nice to just be able to focus on doctrine and the spirit instead of trying to understand what they are saying. So I really enjoy Sundays! Also I spoke in sacrament last Sunday. It’s picked at random here in the CCM. Everyone writes a talk each week for sacrament, but you don’t even know if you are going to speak until you have to get up and just do it, so it really helps to just know all your talks! So I got called on and gave a talk on repentance. All in Spanish of course! It was really good. They teach you a lot!

I’m getting really close to my district here, which is good and bad! I can’t believe I have to leave them in just a couple weeks. Super sad! But we all have some work to do! But two of the elders in my district are from Orem, so I will be able to see them after the mish, and also of course my amazing companion is just from Hurricane, so I will see her as well! But I seriously love everyone here so much. Even the people who work on the landscaping of this place, and serve are food are just so thoroughly happy. I can really learn a lot from them. We also got up the courage to go and sit by some Latinos at lunch. Oh my. Amazing. They were some of the nicest girls I have ever met. We only talked to them for like a half hour, and when we said goodbye, they gave us huge hugs and kisses on our cheeks. I could feel how much they loved me just in that short little time, and I love them so much. They were leaving the next day, so we only got to eat with them twice, but we got each others emails and we will write each other. I learned so much about selflessness and how to just be happy about my life because I am living. I am learning to love more deeply and appreciate things that I never have thought of before. 

Gym time each day is so needed. We are able to get our energy out and just relax. I played speed and basketball with the elders a lot, half because I like it and half because it’s really the only sport you can play with the elders besides ping pong. haha

I can’t even describe how much I love my night classes. Hermano Terrazas (the return mish) is such a good teacher. He just loves this gospel with his whole heart and he just wants to help you in any way that he can. Most of our teachers don’t speak much English, so it’s really nice to practice our Spanish. They all have cute accents and we give them words to say that are hard to pronounce like "uncomfortable" they really struggle with that one! Last night, Hermana Glaicia asked us to close our eyes and raise our hands if we did our homework, so we were and Hermano Terrazas speaks up in his broken English and cute accent and goes "raise your hand if you have candies for your teachers" haha we all laughed so hard. It was adorable. 

Anyways, I’m just loving it here. It’s really gonna be hard to leave this place. I wont miss the food though... but the people here are so amazing and every Tuesday I get to watch a live devotional from one of the 12 apostles. It is so amazing! This place is such an amazing tool in helping to bring the lords work to pass. I’m so grateful for it. 

I can’t wait to skype you guys on Mother’s Day! I can’t wait!! 

I love you guys so much and i am so thankful for all of your support! This work is truly so important and i cant wait to share what makes me so happy in my life! 

Love, 
   Hermana Bleyl

No comments:

Post a Comment